Alpha Academic Staff
Dean of Studies
The Dean of Studies provides the instructional, operational, and administrative leadership necessary to ensure the academic success of the high school. She is responsible for creating and maintaining a positive, engaging, and safe learning environment for students. She provides vision, leadership, and coordination of the instructional programme in the school. She promotes the educational development of all students and the professional development of instructional staff.
The Dean of Studies works collaboratively with the Principal, Vice Principals and other stakeholders to communicate and carry out the vision for the overall academic programme within the school.
- Developing and maintaining policies and practices which reflect the school’s commitment to high achievement, effective teaching and learning.
- Providing guidance on the choice of appropriate teaching and learning methods to meet the needs of each Department and of different students.
- Ensuring that trainee and new members of staff are appropriately trained, monitored, supported and assessed.
- Ensuring effective development of students individual and collaborative study skills necessary for them to become increasingly independent in their work and to complete tasks independently.
- Assuming responsibility for all matters pertinent to the conduct of internal and external examinations.
- Establishing a partnership with parents/guardians to involve them in their child’s learning of each subject as well as providing information about curriculum, attainment, progress and targets.
Please see below the list of departments and heads.
Click on the name of the department to see more information about the department.